Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hobbyking Piaget motor mount

After a few crashes my Hobbyking Piaget EPP CF motor mount gave up on me. So I made a new one, I think it will be the last thing to fail on this plane now...
The weight is about 10grams printed in ABS.
If anyone needs it, enjoy.
(files on Thingiverse)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Det är enkelt att löda" / soldering is easy comic.

Back from the dead...;)
I think this is a great idea by Mitch Altman, Andie Nordgren and Jeff Keyzer, I have translated it into Swedish. You can find the rest and this on MightyOhm.

Ni som hittar fel får gärna skicka in dem så korrigerar jag. Det är mer eller mindre en rak översättning från orginalboken på engelska.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

AA Battery holder

...and we´re back.
Starting my posting softly with a little battery holder. Files availiable on Thingiverse page. Prints good in both solid and hollow option on the UP! printer. The "CS" version is just with two M3 mounting holes.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rail cleaning

My UP! has seen many prints since last maintenance and I noticed that it got a little noisier.
So it was time to grab the familiar hex wrenches and looking under the metal...

Sunday, January 16, 2011


I have no idea what the correct term is but I think it is "spooler"
Anyway, my UP! 3d printer gets the plastic filament from a small spool, and wanting other colors (black) to play with I ordered some plastic filament from http://reprapsource.com/
So how do I get the large spool from reprap source to my small UP! spools?

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Building a RepRap: Gathering stuff.

First I want to source as much as I can before I start building to avoid any long stops that could kill my motivation....(Cont. updated until everything sourced)
Update:2011-16, Motors!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

UP! was Down! :'(

Yesterday during a 3 hour print the printer just stopped mid print having made 3/4 of the whole print. In the UP! software status bar there was the message "nozzle too cool". Not fun at all.
But during the hunt for the error I took some photos of the heating element and the thermocoupler.
(And yes it´s alive again!)

Measuring the resistance with the voltmeter gave me 150 kOhm on the heater meaning that it would need something of a few kV to get that hot. So here was something fishy.