Thursday, December 30, 2010

Building a RepRap: Gathering stuff.


First I want to source as much as I can before I start building to avoid any long stops that could kill my motivation....(Cont. updated until everything sourced)
Update:2011-16, Motors!



First I want to source as much as I can before I start building to avoid any long stops that could kill my motivation....
I have started with the "vitamins", the hardware. Most of it was easily found in my local hardware store except the smooth rods. Need to search around some for them, another option is ordering them from Ironbill in Gothenburg, but I will try locally first.

What to source:




I went with stainless steel threaded rods, felt much sturdier than
standard galvanized ones and price difference was minimal. 
Although cutting them with my hacksaw wasn't fun so I used 
an electric metal cutter instead, cutting was smooth as butter.




All cut and labeled, all went good within 1mm tolerance. 


Keeping track of what I cut was needed...


Screws and bolt sorted during a bad movie. I made 2 extra kits of 
everything, never know who is going to join me building one :)


Motors arrived fast from Zapp automation!
11pcs, 2 repraps and one spare to play with.


No comments:

Post a Comment